Orthodontic treatment is often recommended to improve the appearance of the teeth and enhance the overall aesthetic of the smile. A straight, well-aligned set of teeth can greatly improve the appearance of the smile and increase self-confidence. However, orthodontic treatment can also have important functional benefits, such as improving the ability to chew and speak and reducing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Straight teeth are also easier to clean and maintain, which can help to reduce the risk of dental problems.
What is Orthodontics? Orthodontic Meaning
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. Orthodontic treatment involves the use of braces, retainers, and other appliances to straighten teeth and correct problems with the bite (the way the upper and lower teeth fit together).
What is Smile Design Orthodontics?
Smile design orthodontics is a form of dental treatment that is designed to improve the appearance of a person’s teeth and smile. This type of treatment may involve the use of traditional orthodontic appliances, such as braces or aligners, as well as additional cosmetic treatments, such as teeth whitening or veneers, to achieve the desired results.
The goal of smile design orthodontics is to create a beautiful, symmetrical, and natural-looking smile that is in harmony with the patient’s facial features. This type of treatment is typically recommended for individuals who are looking to improve the appearance of their teeth and smile, but who do not have significant dental or facial irregularities that would require more extensive orthodontic treatment.
How Can You Improve Your Smile with Orthodontics?
The medical aims of orthodontic treatment are to correct dental and facial irregularities and to improve the function, appearance, and overall health of the teeth and mouth. By aligning the teeth, correcting the bite, improving the appearance of the teeth, and enhancing oral health, orthodontic treatment can have significant benefits for patients. You can improve your smile by considering these conditions with Orthodontics.
Aims of Orthodontic Treatment
The medical aims of orthodontic treatment are to correct dental and facial irregularities and to improve the function, appearance, and overall health of the teeth and mouth. Specifically, orthodontic treatment aims to:
- Align the teeth: Orthodontic treatment is often used to straighten teeth that are misaligned, overcrowded, or have gaps between them. Straight teeth are easier to clean and maintain, which can help to reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Correct the bite: Orthodontic treatment is also used to correct problems with the bite, such as overbites, underbites, and crossbites. A correct bite helps to ensure that the teeth meet properly when biting and chewing, which can improve the ability to chew and speak and reduce the risk of tooth wear and damage.
- Improve the appearance of the teeth: Orthodontic treatment can greatly improve the appearance of the teeth and enhance the overall aesthetic of the smile. A straight, well-aligned set of teeth can greatly increase self-confidence and improve social and professional interactions.
- Enhance oral health: By aligning the teeth and correcting the bite, orthodontic treatment can improve the overall health of the teeth and mouth. Straight teeth are easier to clean and maintain, which can help to reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
What Does an Orthodontist Do?
Orthodontists are dental professionals who have completed additional training in this area of dentistry. They use a variety of techniques and appliances to correct dental and facial irregularities, including traditional metal braces, clear braces, lingual braces (braces that are placed on the inside of the teeth), and removable aligners (such as Invisalign). These appliances work by applying gentle pressure to the teeth, which helps to move them into the desired position.
What are Orthodontic Services?
Orthodontic services may include a range of treatments and procedures, such as:
- Initial consultation: This is an evaluation of the patient’s dental and facial anatomy to determine if orthodontic treatment is needed and, if so, what type of treatment would be most appropriate.
- Treatment planning: This involves developing a customized treatment plan for the patient based on their specific needs and goals.
- Appliance placement: This involves fitting the patient with an orthodontic appliance, such as braces or an aligner, to begin the treatment process.
- Regular adjustments: During treatment, the patient will need to visit the orthodontist regularly to have their appliance adjusted and to monitor progress.
- Retention: After treatment is complete, the patient may need to wear a retainer to maintain the results of treatment.
Orthodontic services may be provided by orthodontists, who are dental professionals who have completed additional training in this area of dentistry, or by general dentists who have completed additional training in orthodontics.
How Long Orthodontics Procedures Take?
Orthodontic treatment can take several months or even years to complete, depending on the complexity of the case and the specific treatment plan. It is important to be patient and to follow the treatment plan as directed by the orthodontist to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Orthodontics for Adults
Orthodontic treatment is usually recommended for children and adolescents, as this is when the teeth and jaw are still developing and are most responsive to treatment. During this time, the teeth and jaw are more pliable and are more likely to respond to treatment. However, orthodontic treatment can also be effective for adults, and more and more adults are seeking orthodontic treatment to correct problems with their teeth and bite.
Best Orthodontics Specialist in Turkey
The best orthodontics specialists in Turkey are available in comprehensive health centers such as Estenuvo. If you want to get one of the best quality orthodontic treatments in Turkey, you can visit Estenuvo whenever you want. If you want to reach before visiting, you can enter our website or call us.
How Much Does Orthodontics Cost?
Orthodontic cost status may vary depending on different conditions. In particular, the expectations of the patients and the details of the procedure deemed appropriate by the doctor may affect the pricing. You can contact us to get information about prices and learn more.
Is an orthodontist different than a dentist?
Yes, an orthodontist is a type of dentist who has completed additional training and education in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial irregularities.
Does orthodontic mean braces?
Orthodontic treatment involves the use of braces, retainers, and other appliances to straighten teeth and correct problems with the bite (the way the upper and lower teeth fit together).